NYC based artist/activist sharing my favorite moments in art, music, and politics. And of course anything I find worth tweeting or reblogging!
Looking for something specific?
Fathers of Technology and Innovation
- Clarence “Skip” Ellis was the first African-American to earn a PhD in Computer Science. He helped develop the concept of clicking icons which lead to the development of user friendly operating systems such as Windows or Mac.
- David Hedgley created a mathmatical algorithim that would tell computers which lines to display and which lines to make invisible, thus creating 3-D graphics.
- James E. West holds 47 U.S. and more than 200 foreign patents. He is best known for co-inventing the electroacoustic transducer, an electret microphone that revolutionized microphones and is used in 90% of microphones today (including in telephones, tape recorders, and other devices).
- Mark Dean developed a number of landmark technologies for IBM, including the color PC monitor and the first gigahertz chip. He holds three of the company’s original nine patents with more than 20 patents associated with his name. He also co-invented the Industry Standard Architecture system bus allowing for computer plug-ins such as disk drives, modems, and printers.
- Marc Hannah co-founded SGI (Silicon Graphics, Inc.) and was named its principal scientist for inventing computer graphic programs like Personal IRIS, Indigo, Indigo2, and Indy graphics, which were used to create effects for commercials, television shows, films (like Jurassic Park and Terminator 2). engineering, research, and for military applications. Hannah is also the chief technology officer for SongPro, a technology company specializing in making multimedia plug-ins used for listening to music on hand-held video game players and MP3 players.
- Gerald Lawson invented the modern game console, the first home video game system with interchangeable game cartridges.
Black History everyday!
This is how I feel about the concept of color blindness. I love my color. Please notice it and value it.
“When you’re around someone so much, for so long, they become a part of you, and when they change or go away, you don’t know who you are without them.”
I just love them!
(Source: adoringbeyonce, via beybabyboo)
Vegan doughnut, hot cocoa, and Pinterest! Enough to make this Harlem resident move to Brooklyn! #dunwelldoughnuts
It is 3 am and I am just now uploading the last of my students films. 14 films all ready for tmrw’s film festival! #soverytired #artisajobtoo #teachersrock
So on one of the worst days in my adult life last week my tea semi quotes one of my favorite bands. Reminding me while I’m here and I’m alive to experience the warmth. #incubus #thewarmth #iwouldstillmarrydjkilmore
This song is on my #desiremap play list, it connects me to all my core desired feelings. Also it’s perfect for black history month! @daniellelaporte @glowmaven
I want this tea set. It is so red and beautiful and delicate! #tea #janeaustinproblems
A little post yoga vegan hot chocolate and marshmallows! #yoga #vegan #wintertreats
Reading one of my Kwanzaa presents now. Thankful for my soulful inspirations @glowmaven @daniellelaporte @gabbybernstein @katenorthrup